Saturday, December 23, 2023

The Planet Sings on YouTube

As mentioned in the introductory post, I have a suitcase full of CDs in my office from my early days of teaching cultural geography through music. In recent years, I have made much greater use of YouTube videos, which are in many ways more convenient and reliable than CDs. In many cases, they also offer a richer experience, extra information, or assistance with lyrics and translations.

The YouTube playlist I am developing with this course is meant to provide convenient access for my class sessions, for students wishing to replay content, or for anybody who wishes to hear and see some of what we are doing in the class. Unfortunately, many of the videos also carry ads, some of which deliver a bit of ireitation and few if any of which generate income for the artists. (I know this because I have to watch ads to see some of my own videos, and I've not seen any checks in the mail!)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Praia Famosa

 Two beaches, two famous songs. In preparing to write this, I scoured the  photos from a quick -- very quick -- visit in 2004 , in which I t...